Jun 20, 2008

spitting venom

I'm spitting mad, and must tire myself out on screen. My local nameless grocery store infuriates me to the point of screaming. I had my list all made, and their ad in hand ready to shop. I was by myself, so usually it's a zen experience.

First, they were out of the advertised tomatoes. Fine.
Lettuce which runs usually .80 was double in price, I'm sure it was to push the romaine hearts. Coincidentally they were out of!
Ok calming down I get out of the veggie isle.
Meat, I had planned to get the chicken that was less than 1$/ pound, but all of the 5 chickens they offered were so heavy they were the size of a turkey, costing $7 and up!
I call Jeremy for a little calming down and to help me pick a replacement.
So I just need one chicken breast for a stir fry. Not even a whole one, just some meat to put in a stir fry. They don't have any small packs, you had to buy a minimum of 4 1/2 breasts. Costing well over $5. Ahh. So I got a piece of cat fish for $3. We'll have seafood stir fry.

Milk cost $1 more there than anywhere else.
Eggs are average priced, but only had 5 cartons to offer and all had broken eggs in them. I did a quick swap to get a full intact dozen.

They hike the price of cereal so people will buy their over priced generics. A box of name brand frosted flakes should be $2, but since their generic is 2.20 you'll have to pay 2.5 for name brand.

I like to watch the prices too, making sure they don't pull a fast one and not honor a promised price. But they don't have a monitor so you can see while filing the belt.

Juice is .50 more there than anywhere else. Apple juice I can usually get for 2.00 or less. and they didn't have a jug less than 2.50.

They had corrections to their ad posted in a few places even.


And to top it off and driving me to the computer to purge myself, (poor keyboard, oops, a little on the monitor) I bought peaches and nectarines, even though they were over priced. I got 2 of each, averaging .50/piece. They looked beautiful, but ripe so they won't last long. Well they got smashed! Guess it's fruit salad for lunch.

I walked out of there with just 5 bags. Very few spluges, no alcohol, and spending $60 on what I could've paid $40-$50 anywhere else.

But with gas prices they was they are, I'd spend $8.00-$10.00 on gas going anywhere else. They is no competition in town for this store and they have no reason to be competitive. I might go back to driving further just to avoid the aggravation.

On other news, Jeremy took down the last of the limbs off the pine trees. We have a lot of hauling away to be done, and fall the trunk yet, but the end of it is in sight.

I'm working of a couple of things for church. And today is Anora's last day for her getting for kindergarten thing.

Still one more week of swimming lessons. She really likes them. She discovered goggles yesterday. I'm not sure how, but I saw the instructor putting goggles on her and the rest of class she had her head under water searching for things! It was like she was snorkeling with her feet on the floor. So we got her some yesterday for the rest of the week. I hope she keeps liking swimming. She really likes the pool we have in town. It's a zero depth entry she can walk all around the 2-3 feet area and play and swim, but be able to stand when she is done. It's super nice and clean too, but will cost us $10 for the whole family to go some night. The cheaper pool I like to go to, the choices are baby pool, or 3'. Nothing in between.

Please pray for all the mothers who think this has been a long summer already.

No comments: