Mar 15, 2009

My week

Well, I've spent a lot of my time on two things maily this week. Painting the stairs in preperation for selling the house.

And quilting and binding a quilt.  Mom had embroidered the deer, and gave them, and some material to me for Christmas. I think it turned out real well. I think it will go to a good friend, but I'm not sure if it's good enough to give yet. It was a big experiment. I tried hand quilting, I realized in a hurry, I'm not a hand quilter. It's also the first time I used my darning/embroidery foot, and that is a little weird in some places. 

This week I have no idea what to do.

Nothing is new on the moving front. The local community college isn't returning Jeremy's calls, so they don't seem be wanting/ or needing us. I also worked on my resume and references this week.They're ready if I should need them. 

Hope you all have a good week. Please pray for my friend Sarah and her son Micah. He's having medicle problems. 

2 comments:

Four Little Boys..... said...

That is a great quilt, Shannon!! I have always wanted to learn how and actually started a baby quilt for my sister, but it still sits in a tote have done. Maybe someday.

Penny Smith said...

Oh, how wonderful! :)
I love the deer (and owls, and birds) in quilting, fabric, clothes, bags, SCRAPBOOKING. :)