Jan 7, 2009

Catching up, what it's all about

Well I named this blog Catch up for a reason. In anticipation of falling behind. I don't mean on the ice.

I left off at Christmas pageant. Santa was very good to us. Anora didn't get anything big, but a ton of new toys. Toy horses seemed to be the theme. Jeremy got saw horses, and they are tired already. And Shannon got spoiled this year. Along with a REALLY fancy sewing machine I also got a lot of sewing supplies. I think this is a good hobby. Now matter what notions I get as gifts, I can use them, and I can't have too many. Well, until I outgrow the bedroom.

We went to Christmas eve service. It is my favorite service of the year. Anora is all cuddly, it's dark and romantic, I can sing music I know. It's just wonderful. Then off to bed for Santa to arrive.
In the morning, Anora found a couple toys left by Santa, but couldn't find her huge stocking. It was on her bedroom floor, and she didn't trip over it; though I don't understand how. Then my parents arrived and we had Eggs and Bacon, and then opened a lot of presents! I'll have to post a picture of Anora's mountain. Then we ate a full turkey meal and played cards. But alas Mom and Dad didn't beat the sleet that fell. They stayed in a hotel.

There were a few dull days in there.Then we took our Christmas money and bonuses and bought flooring for 3 rooms!!! That was a great and overdue present. So after Anora went to Grandma & Grandpa's for New Years, Jeremy & I laid floor. It looks wonderful! 



Now it's a matter of cleaning up after construction, and vacation. I'm still trying to catch up. I have been spending way too much time on the computer. Why? I could be sewing. I'll post some pictures, and then enjoy myself.

School, bible study, Moms4Moms, and Kids Klub all resume this week. In that order as a matter of fact. And then Friday we're planning on going to a local hockey game with friends!
I hope you're as blessed as we are. Stay warm.

No comments: