Aug 11, 2008

Summer ending, snif, snif

It's just a crazy time in my head right now.
Let me start with what we've been doing, and the most noticeable. Then I might move to the deeper recesses of my mind. It's kinda like a carnival freak show.

Last week Anora got sick for one day. It was harsh, but fast. The next day she was fully recovered. So recovered in fact, we took her 5 year old pictures. We took them at a local Christian camp. Another day we spent at my parents'. That same day she got her kindergarten vaccines.
Other than that it's been pretty quiet. Mostly because Jeremy has been working a ton of hours.

But big for the day, we did everything on school's schedule. Awake, ready, walk to bus stop, we went to the playground, did some work book, and reading. Just all around had a "school day". She couldn't have any cartoons till 3pm. She was not happy about that. But the worse part of the day came at nap/quiet time. She wanted bed rather than her school nap rug. She wanted her big squishy pillow, nope not at school. And she just generally needed sleep but wouldn't lay on the floor long enough to sleep. So after a field trip to the post office and at 3pm I turned on the cartoons and came to the computer. Very soon after that, I got this picture of her snoozing away. I think she'll have a 3 pm nap for the next few weeks. She looks so sweet when she sleeps. At least till she slobbers.
Wish us luck getting ready for school. We register for school tomorrow. And Thur we go to her class room to take her supplies and talk with the teacher. I'm so jazzed. And yet scared.

That tangent leads me to the dark recesses of my mind. So much is going to change in a week. I don't have to eat when she does. I don't have to plan my day around her schedule (cartoons). I don't have to wait for her before I go somewhere during the day. I have a few projects lined up. Painting and decorating her room for her birthday, helping out a friend, sorting toys at church. And some more touches on a quilt. Maybe even trying to sew a skirt for her or me. But it just seems like such a shock. Everything is going to change, at least till next summer. I suppose this is what parents feel like when their youngest goes off to school, well she is my youngest, and oldest/first. I'm completely paranoid of getting bored. I don't want a job. I want to walk her to the bus and home. I want to hear all about her day. I want to be here while she does homework. I want her to be able to have friends over after school (in a few years). But if I'm bored I may resort to drastic measures. Jeremy has told me before, I'm not very nice when I have a job. I'm not very flexible, and I have to have my way. I don't see how it much different than here at home.

Well, I feel better. Keep an eye out for pictures probably arriving. God Bless.

No comments: