Nov 23, 2009

Nov 23, 2009

Well it's been a far from normal week around here.
1. Thursday we got some good news. We received a benefactor to help out with tuition. It's a bigger gesture than I can say here. More important to me than any kind of money is the relief that I won't fail. God won't let me fail completely. And even... mooore important than that was to really know that God hasn't forgotten us, we're not in this adventure alone. I was on cloud 9 all day Friday and Saturday. I felt like a teenager after a first kiss, or after a good date. I felt wonderful.
2. Sunday I was all in a stir again. The president of the seminary came to church to deliver a message and tour the Midwest for other sem students. I started at his surprise entrance being a little star struck, though no need to be. But after his powerful message I had a huge epiphany! I don't need to be star struck by some man who manages a school. Jesus is King! I should be star struck by him all the time. How much greater is Jesus. Wow!
3. then today was a downer. On Friday the boss stayed late at work. After I was all done with my work I opened my e mail and web page to do a little browsing. But my boss walked up behind me and she was not amused!!! Though out of things to do, I shouldn't have wasted company time. Leading us to day. She came down hard threatening no one could use internet anytime but lunch. And we can't leave the building or our desk a minute before 7pm. It was a real mess and I feel terrible. I apologized to the boss, but it seems to have not made any difference.
Counting the weeks it appears I still have around 28 weeks there. I did find out though, my temp agency at least doesn't mind me putting my name in for another job. It'd be nice to have a different job with better hours or better pay.
Well that brings me to the present. Anora running a fever watching Harry Potter and snoozing on Jeremy. No apparent reason for the fever, but had to stay home from school because of it, and it spiked again this afternoon, so no school again tomorrow.
Yearning chocolate, Shannon

No comments: